Home-made pasta sauce with extra legumes, higher in protein and fibre.
1 can Diced tomato
1 Tb Olive oil
1 small Onion
1 can (400g) Red kidney beans
1 handful Basil leaves fresh
1 Tb Balsamic vinegar
2 Tsp diced dried Italian herbs
4 cups cooked Pasta
1/2 cup grated Vegan cheese
1. Slice the onion into strips and lightly fry in a large saucepan with olive oil
2. Add kidney beans to the fry pan and let simmer for 5 minutes, add tinned tomato and allow to simmer for 10 minutes or until mixture is hot.
3. Meanwhile cook the pasta in a seperate pot (as per packet cooking instructions)
4. Add the balsamic vinegar to the tomato mixture and mix through, remove from the heat and add the torn basil leaves.
5. Mix pasta into the tomato sauce and serve in four bowls with a small amount of vegan grated cheese on top of each.