Great for older bread that you want to use or when in need for a super quick BBQ salad. I like mine really crunchy but if you like it more soggy just add more oil and vinegar or prep it a bit earlier.Ingredients:
2 cups Roughly chopped bread ( your choice)
8 Cherry tomatos halved
2 Roma tomatoes diced
1 cup Fresh sweet basil leaves
10 Black olives sliced
1/4 of a medium Cucumber (cut into chunks)
1/4 cup Olive oil
Salt and black pepper to season
1 Tb Red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar (optional)Method:
1. Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees.
2. Loosly chop the bread into bite sized pieces, evenly place onto a baking tray and drizzle with a little olive oil. Bake for 5-10 minutes (you want the bread dry and crunchy but not burnt).
3. Remove bread from oven and allow to cool before placing into a bowl.
4. Whilst the bread is baking, thickly slice the tomato and 1/4 or halve each of the cherry tomato. Chop the cucumber into thick chunks and rinse the basil.
5. Add the tomato, olives, basil and cucumber to the bread bowl and season with olive oil, salt and pepper. If using also add the red wine vinegar or balsamic. Mix gently.
6. Allow to sit for a few minutes (your want all the tomato juices to soak into the bread) and serve.