For when you just want a winter creamy pasta with a pop of colour.Ingredients:
3 Tb plain white flour
2 cups almond or soy milk
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
2 Tb nutritional yeast (for extra flavour at the end)
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups uncooked pasta
1/2 onion lightly fried
10 cherry tomato sliced
1/2 cup sundried tomatoMethod:
1. Cook pasta according to packet instructions, once cooked drain and place to the side.
2. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees. Slice the cherry tomato and place on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and salt. Bake for 15 minutes.
3. In a small saucepan add oil and diced onion. Lightly fry until aromatic. Remove from saucepan and place to the side.
4. In the same saucepan add the soy or almond (unsweetened) milk, over medium heat allow the liquid to heat. When milk is hot start adding the flour to the saucepan, add flour in small amounts whilst whisking to avoid lumps.
5. After adding all the flour, remove from the heat and mix in 1/2 cup of the nutritional yeast.
6. In a bowl mix the pasta, white sauce, onion, roasted cherry tomato and sundried tomato. Serve with a sprinkle of nutritional yeast and pepper.
Option to add rocket to the pasta