Simple yet very filling, perfect for a lighter evening mealIngredients:
4 x red capsicum
1/2 cup cooked white quinoa (or a tri colour mix for more flavour)
1 Tb olive oil
5 mushrooms, sliced
1/2 brown onion
1 cup baby spinach
1/2 cup canned corn
1 Tb pine nuts
Salt, pepper and chilli flakes to seasonMethod:
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees
2. Prepare quinoa as per packet instructions (I use a weak vegetable stock instead of water for extra flavour) and place to the side to cool.
3. Slice the top (about 1 cm) off each of the capsicums, place them evenly on a baking tray. Put the tops aside with other ingredients.
4. Slice the onion and mushrooms, dice the capsicum tops (except for the stem).
5. In a medium fry pan, drizzle the olive oil and place it onto a medium heat, add the onions, stirring occasionally until they start to change colour, then add mushrooms, corn and diced capsicum tops. Stir well to mix together.
6. After 5 minutes add the quinoa, pine nuts and chilli flakes (optional) to the frypan, mix together well and allow to simmer until the quinoa is hot.
7. Remove pan from heat and add the spinach, stir through evenly before spooning the mixture into each of the capsicums on the baking tray. Sprinkle with grated vegan cheese over each capsicum.
8. Place the baking tray into the oven and bake for approximately 10 minutes.
This recipe goes well with a fresh garden salad, best served whilst still hot.