A BBQ favouriteIngredients:
1/2 butternut pumpkin
1 Tsp smoked paprika
1 small bag of spinach
1/2 red capsicum
3 Tb sunflower seeds
2 Tb extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepperMethod:
1. Pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees.
2. Cut pumpkin into 2cm chunks.
3. In a large bowl mix the pumpkin, paprika, salt, pepper and oil.
4. On a medium baking tray evenly place the pumpkin pieces, roast in the oven for 30 minutes (until soft).
5. Whilst the pumpkin is in the oven, prep the rest of the salad.
6. Tear the spinach and place into a large bowl. Slice the red capsicum and cucumber into bite size pieces, then chop the kalamata olives. Place all ingredients into the bowl with the fresh spinach. Gently toss together.
7. In a fry pan, lightly fry the sunflower seeds in the spray cooking oil. Fry the seeds until they are begin to turn golden/ change colour. Stir frequently to avoid burning (once done you may need to pat with a paper towel to reduce the oil residue).
8. Check on the pumpkin, when it is ready, remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Once cooled add to the salad bowl and then sprinkle the toasted seeds on top.
9. If desired lightly dress with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and cracked pepper to taste.