This was another one I wasn’t convinced by, however, a family function trial said it was yummy. Feel free to play around with this one yourself.Ingredients:
3/4 cup Oats
1/2 Medium apple (grated)
1 Tb Rice malt syrup
1/2 cup Crumbed walnuts
1/2 cup Chopped dates
1/2 cup Plain flour
1/2 cup Dessicated coconut (for rolling)
2 Tb Caster sugar (for rolling)Method:
1. Mix walnuts, dates, oats and plain flour in a bowl.
2. Grate the apple and add to the dry mixture.
3. In a seperate bowl melt your nuttelex, once melted add the rice malt and mix together.
4. Combine the nuttelex and dry ingredients and mix together well. Pour into a glass pyrex dish or baking tray (you may want to line this with baking paper first)
5. Refrigerate the slice for about an hour.
6. Remove and cut into bite size pieces. In a shallow bowl combine the coconut and the sugar.
7. Roll each slice piece through the coconut and sugar to coat before storing in an air tight container and placing back into the fridge.
This slice is best served cold