I have been making this on a Sunday as a healthy warm lunch meal for Monday and Tuesday. A great way to get a few more veg serves into your day.Ingredients:
1 medium sweet potato
Olive oil spray
1 cup white quinoa ( I used Quinoa and Co as its prepared to save time)
1 clove crushed garlic
1/2 Tsp reduced salt vegetable stock (if making quinoa from scratch)
100g fresh baby spinach (or 1/2 cup frozen spinach)
1/4 cup walnuts or almonds (chopped)
1/2 diced red capsicum
Black pepper (to season)
2 Tb lemon juice
2 Vegan cheese slices (optional)Method:
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees, line a baking tray with grease proof paper.
2. To prepare the sweet potato, lightly scrub the skin and wash before slicing down the middle so that you have 2 long halves.
3. Prick with a fork then microwave to soften (Microwave on high for 6 minutes).
4. Cook the quinoa according to packet instructions, use the vegetable stock to flavour the quinoa. Place cooked quinoa to the side to cool.
5. Place sweet potato onto a baking tray and bake in the oven for 20 minutes (approx. 10 minutes on each side).
6. In a medium frypan drizzle the oil, add the onion and garlic and cook until aromatic.
7. Add the capsicum, quinoa and nuts to the frypan. Stir then cook for a further 5 minutes before adding the spinach, stir through until spinach starts to wilt.
8. Remove fry pan from the heat and add lemon juice, salt and pepper mixing together.
9. Using a small spoon scoop some of the middle out of the sweet potato to make room for the filling. Spoon a small amount of quinoa mixture into each half of the sweet potato and add grated/ sliced vegan cheese on top.
10. If required bake for a further 5-10 minutes. Serve