I use these with my week day salad lunch but they are also great for weekend BBQ functions (with one of our salads).Ingredients:
1/2 Butternut pumpkin lightly roasted (~500g)
2 x 400g can chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
1 Tsp cumin
1 Tsp sumac
1 cup fresh parsley or 2 heaped Tb dried parsley flakes
2 Tb tahini paste
1 tspn salt
sprinkle of pepper
3 Tb besan flour
Olive oil sprayMethod:
1. Slice and roast the butternut pumpkin in the oven, roast for about 20 minutes at 180 degrees. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
2. Rinse and drain the chickpeas, place drained chickpeas into a food processor. Add the salt, sumac, pepper and cumin. Process until a crumbly mixture forms.
3. Add the tahini and parsley to the food processor and mix together.
4. Remove the skin from your pumpkin and in a medium bowl lightly squash with a fork to mash. Add chickpea mixture to the pumpkin in the bowl and mix well with a spoon.
5. Place mixture into the fridge for 25-30 minutes.
6. Place besan flour onto a plate for dusting. Remove mixture from the fridge. Form 'patties' by placing a spoonful between your palms and rolling together, then roll the pattie though the besan flour, flatten using your hand and place onto a baking tray.
7. Bake for 20 minutes at 180 degrees. Then lightly fry over a medium heat with a little oil to brown. Serve with your favourite side salad and/or in a crunchy bread roll.