Something a bit different. High protein (due to all the nuts). At first we thought this slice was too dry/ crumbly but we tested it out at a few social events and it was a hit. Hopefully you all have the same success!Ingredients:
1 cup Peanut butter (smooth is best)
1/2 cup Rolled oats
1/2 cup Trail mix (mixed nuts and goji berries/ dried fruit. Your choice)
1 Tb Pepita seeds
1/2 cup Roughly chopped dates
2 Tb Rice malt syrupMethod:
1. Line a 20 x 20 cm baking dish with baking paper and pre-heat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Combine oats, trail mix, pepitas and dates in a bowl and mix together.
3. In a sauce pan add the rice malt syrup and the peanut butter, over low heat mix together until combined (you want this hot but not starting to cook/ crumble, if you start to see it drying out remove from the heat).
4. Mix the dry ingredients with the peanut butter rice malt mixture, mix well before pouring into the baking dish.
5. Press tightly into the baking dish, flatten with the back of a spoon. Bake for 20 minutes.
6. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before cutting into bite size pieces. Serve.