400g penne pasta (I like wholemeal)
1/2 punnet of cherry tomato
Zest of 2 lemon
100ml light olive oil
1 cup (~300g) kale or spinach
Vegan grated cheese (your favourite brand)
1. Part boil the pasta, you want it still a little uncooked
2. Chop the cherry tomato into halves and zest the lemons.
3. Add oil to a large fry pan and lightly fry the cherry tomato, add the lemon zest and a sprinkle of salt
4. Add the pasta to the fry pan and 500ml of boiling water, place the lid on the fry pan and bring to the boil, then turn the heat down and allow to simmer until the pasta is fully cooked.
5. Wash the kale (or spinach leaves) and tear the leaves into smaller pieces, add kale to the pan and mix well
6. Remove the lid from the fry pan and let the water evaporate, after a few minutes remove from the heat (you may need to partially drain the remaining water).
7. Once the water has evaporated, serve mixture into four bowls and top with cracked pepper and vegan grated cheese. I also like to add a drizzle of a lemon infused olive oil.