Handy as a quick, high fibre healthy snack during the day or as a sweet treat last thing at night.
75g roughly chopped dried apricots
70g roughly chopped dates
2 Tb desiccated coconut
1 Tb white chia seeds
1 Tb pumpkin seeds (or pumpkin and sunflower mix)
1 Tb peanut butter (crunchy works best)
2 Tb crumbed walnuts
Extra desiccated coconut for dusting
1. Place roughly chopped apricots in a small heat proof bowl and soak with boiling water (soak for approximately 10-15 minutes) before draining.
2. Combine the apricot, chia, pumpkin seeds, coconut, dates and peanut butter spread into a food processor. Blend until completely mixed.
3. Once mixed place in the fridge for 30 minutes to cool.
4. After 30 minutes, roll the date, apricot and chia mixture into 10 even balls. Sprinkle extra coconut onto a plate before rolling each ball in the coconut to cover.
5. Place each ball onto a plate and then place into the fridge for 1 hour to set.