Similar to your traditional ANZAC cookie, this semi-sweet cookie is perfect for winter with a cup of coffee or tea.Ingredients:
1 cup Rolled oats
125g Nuttlex (or vegan margarine)
1/2 cup Caster sugar
1 cup Plain flour
1 Tsp Baking powder
1/ Tb Cinnamon spice
1 Tsp Vanilla essenceMethod:
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray with alfoil or baking paper.
2. In a food prcoessor add the marg/ nuttelex, caster sugar, cinnamon spice and vanilla essence. Process until just combined.
3. Add the plain flower and baking powder, process again until mixed.
4. Measure oats out into a bowl, add the flour, margarine and sugar mixture. Stir together until completly mixed.
5. *Optional step, place mixture in the fridge/ freezer for half an hour to cool ( you want the mixture cold but not frozen).
6. Scoop 1 Tb of the mixture, rub between your palms and roll into a ball, place evenly on the tray.
7. Place into oven and allow to bake for 10-15 minutes (until they start to turn slightly golden) then remove from oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.