1/3 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
150g vegan butter (nuttelex or a vegan margarine alternative)
1 cup plain flour (sifted)
1 Tsp baking powder
3 Tb tap water
1 Tsp vanilla essence
canola oil spray
1. Pre-heat oven to 180C.
2. In a large bowl mix nuttelex, vanilla essence and sugar together with an electric mixer until mixed and ‘fluffy’
3. Sift flour into the bowl, then add baking powder and cocoa powder. Mix together with a wooden spoon. Add the water as you mix.
4. Sprinkle in the macadamia nuts and gently fold the mixture together.
5. Spray the oil on the baking tray and place 1 tablespoon of mixture onto the tray at a time ( I like to roll mixture between my clean palms to create a ball shape as I go and then flatten with a fork).
6. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Allow biscuits to cool on tray for 5 minutes. Gently transfer to wire rack to finish cooling.