2 x (425g) canned Diced beetroot
1 handful Fresh mint leaves
2 Tb Balsamic Vinegar
2 cups cooked Quinoa (I use white quinoa and cook with a diluted vegetable stock base).
pepper and salt
1/4 cup chopped Walnuts
1. Cook quinoa as per packet instructions ( or purchase ready to eat to save time).
2. Drain and pat dry the beetroot, place into a large bowl. Sprinkle with the balsamic vinegar and allow to sit for a minute or two.
3. Add salt, pepper and walnuts to the beetroot and mix together.
4. Add the quinoa and gently mix.
5. Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle the mint over the top.
Add the mint just before you serve the salad, it will change colour and be less vibrant if prepared too early.